When you want to practice your throw and accuracy, you need to have a great target log so that when you throw your tomahawk, it will stick in every perfect throw.
What do you need?
- Any type of tree at least not too hard and not too flaky
- Cut it to form a circular tree stump (at least 5 inches thick)
- Leave the cut log face down on the ground to season your log so that your throwing tomahawk sticks good and nice.
- After a few months, mount the target log on a tripod stand made of three branches or limbs or metal rods.
- Lastly, for artistic purpose, you could paint and decorate your target log.